Due to Coronavirus – Covid-19 conditions, all locations of the Cape Breton Regional Library will be closed until further notice. The decision to reopen will be made in consultation with Nova Scotia Public Health authorities. You can still access online library services. All book drops are closed.
Questions can be directed to 902-565-6359 (Monday-Friday, 10am-3pm) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the interest of the health and safety of our community and our employees, the Cape Breton Regional Library Board has decided to close all library locations.
This is a difficult decision to make as we truly understand the community impact of a closure of our facilities, particularly on those who rely on their Library for community space and access to the Internet. We will be monitoring the situation closely, in consultation with local health authorities and CBRM and Victoria County, and will make facilities available to the public as soon as we are safely able to do so.
During the closure:
- No late fees will be charged
- All book drops will be closed
- NO Book Donations will be accepted at this time
- Items on hold will remain there until after we re-open
- We will work through any individual account issues with you when we re-open. Please do not be concerned about fines, due dates or other issues.
- Find our Digital Library here
- If you do not have a Library card, you can apply online here: http://cbrl.ca/services/library-card-application/
For the latest public health information, please visit these resources:
- Province of Nova Scotia
- Government of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Please Note: It is recommended to only consult with 811 if you have developed a fever or new cough. If you are looking for more information on COVID-19, please call the Government of Canada’s novel coronavirus information line: 1-833-784-4397.