Coronavirus (COVID-19) – All Cape Breton Regional Library locations will be closed starting Monday, March 16.
Status of Library Services
All Cape Breton Regional Library locations will be closed starting Monday, March 16.
In the interest of the health and safety of our community and our employees, the Cape Breton Regional Library Board has decided to close all library locations.
This is a difficult decision to make as we truly understand the community impact of a closure of our facilities, particularly on those who rely on their Library for community space and access to the Internet. We will be monitoring the situation closely, in consultation with local health authorities and CBRM and Victoria County, and will make facilities available to the public as soon as we are safely able to do so.
At this time the plan is re-open to the public on Tuesday, April 7.
During the closure:
No items will be due until May 1.
- No overdue fees will be charged
- Please help by not returning any items until after we re-open on April 7.
- All book drops will be closed until April 7.
- Donations will not be accepted at this time
- Items on hold will remain there until April 16.
- We will work through any individual account issues with you when we re-open. Please do not be concerned about fines, due dates or other issues.
- Find our Digital Library here: https://novascotia-capebreton.overdrive.com/
- If you do not have a Library card, you can apply online here: http://cbrl.ca/services/library-card-application/
For the latest public health information, please visit these resources:
- Province of Nova Scotia
- Government of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Please Note: It is recommended to only consult with 811 if you have developed a fever or new cough. If you are looking for more information on COVID-19, please call the Government of Canada’s novel coronavirus information line: 1-833-784-4397.