The Library is collecting short videos of local poets reading original poems from home. We will be collecting the videos until March 31, 2021 and showcasing them in April for National Poetry Month on the Library’s website, You Tube channel and facebook page.
Please review the guidelines below before submitting to the ‘Lone Poet’ Project:
- Video submissions will be reviewed by library staff.
- One video submission per person.
- Video submissions cannot be longer than 5 mins.
- By submitting a video, you grant the Cape Breton Regional Library the right to share on our media platforms. Though published by CBRL, ownership of original work remains with the creator.
- All content must be original.
- All work must be appropriate for all-ages viewing.
- To submit a video to the ‘Lone Poet’ Project, email your entry to email@example.com
- Submitting a video does not guarantee it will be posted.
Tips to help you film your video on your phone:
Step 1 Prepare the Phone
- Battery – charge your batteries!
- Airplane Mode
- Horizontal – always shoot horizontally with your phone
Step 2 Set the Scene
- Find a quiet place
- Light should be behind the camera, facing the subject
- Tidy the frame
Step 3 Do a Test
Step 4 B- Roll
- Get creative
- Have Fun
Step 5 Transfer your video to editing software or share
For more video assistance you can contact Molly Babin at firstname.lastname@example.org