Cape Breton Regional Library invites applications for student assistant positions for the summer of 2022 at
- Glace Bay Library
This is a temporary term positions with an anticipated start date in early May and an end date in late August.
- Customer service and circulation duties, including checking out library materials, registering patrons for library cards, answering questions and assisting patrons with searching for and locating library materials, answering incoming phone calls.
- Shelving duties, including sorting and returning library materials to their proper place on the shelves and straightening and shifting library materials.
- Assisting library staff members with conducting an annual inventory of a large and diverse collection.
- Other duties as required (May be required to learn and carry out specific duties conducted by other library staff members as needed).
- Lifting and carrying library materials of up to 35 pounds, pushing and pulling book carts, frequently standing, bending and walking.
Hours of work:
- Hours per week: 35
- Two evening shifts per week.
- Schedule changes may be required according to Library needs.
- Per employment grant requirements, candidates must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment AND registered as a full-time post-secondary student for the upcoming academic year on a full-time basis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Technology skills with a proficiency in a Windows-based environment.
- Effective problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a busy and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple responsibilities and adjust according to changing priorities.
How to Apply
Your resume and cover letter should clearly outline how you meet the stated qualifications and position requirements. Please indicate in your resume your preferred branch location.
Email resume and cover letter to:
Cape Breton Regional Library, 50 Falmouth St, Sydney NS B1P 6X9