The Adopt-a-Book Program encourages literacy, supports education, and provides quality reading materials to children, teens and adults. It is truly a gift that keeps on giving.
The Cape Breton Regional Library and the community it serves has a richer collection of library books and other materials to choose from thanks to the generosity of the many individuals and organizations within our communities who have donated to the Adopt-A-Book campaign over the years.
How To Adopt-A-Book
- Fill out our online donation form below or download and print the form (.pdf)
- You can adopt a book in a subject area of your choice, such as fiction, non-fiction, gardening, cooking, sports crafts, arts, romance, mystery, western, etc.
- When we receive your donation, we will place a bookplate in a book with the inscription you want, and then send it to your local library. We will send you a charitable tax receipt for the amount of your gift.
You can adopt a book for any of our branches or bookmobiles.
When choosing the inscription for your adopted book you can adopt the book:
- On behalf of yourself or someone else
- As a group or as a member of a group
- As a unique present for the person who has everything on birthdays, anniversaries, or retirement.
- As a gift for a teacher
- As a Memorial donation
For more information about giving to the library, contact our Community Support Coordinator by email or telephone at 902-562-3279.