Part-time term position
Cape Breton Regional Library Headquarters, Sydney
Are you passionate about social media?
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow creatively and professionally?
The Cape Breton Regional Library (CBRL) invites applications for the position of Digital Content Creator. We’re looking for an energetic team player who will help develop creative, meaningful content for CBRL to generate excitement, drive engagement, and connect with our audiences and communities online.
This is a part-time (up to 20 hours per week) term position for up to 18 months.
- Lead on the day-to-day operation of CBRL’s digital platforms, developing content to increase engagement with the library’s audience in alignment with our social media strategy.
- Plan, create, and edit digital content to be used across CBRL’s online channels, including text, graphic, photo, and video content.
- Maintain a unified brand voice across the library’s various social media platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Collaborate with other members of the library’s communications team to create a social media calendar to ensure timely and consistent content sharing.
- Attend library programs and events to capture photo and video footage.
- Participate in regular departmental and cross-departmental meetings.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest digital content and social media trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media comments and messages; forward inquiries to other library staff members as required.
- Regularly review digital analytics and create reports on key metrics as required.
- Attend training workshops, staff in-services, etc. as required when offered by the Library.
- Post-secondary coursework or education in applied media & communication arts, such as Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Graphic Design, and related fields of study, is considered an asset.
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and management tools.
- Strong creative skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency with photography, including capturing and editing images.
- Experience with video production, including filming, editing and posting video content.
- Experience with graphic design, including creating and editing graphics.
- Understanding of digital analytics and metrics, their importance, and the tools to monitor, manage and evaluate them.
- Superlative verbal communication skills.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Ability to collaborate and work with others.
Applications must be submitted electronically. Please submit your resume with cover letter outlining your skills and qualifications via email to email@example.com. If you have previous content creation experience, please feel free to include examples of your work.
Review of applications will begin on August 2, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.