Browse available digital content by category:
eBooks & Audiobooks
Libby, by OverDrive
- Libby is the new app to enjoy ebooks and audiobooks from OverDrive.
- We recommend Libby for anyone using a Smart Phone or Tablet
- Available from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for smartphones and tablets.
- Easy to get started for first-time users and a streamlined experience for current OverDrive app users.
- Need help? Libby App Guide
If you prefer to use a Desktop/laptop computer to access ebooks and eAudiobooks try Overdrive instead.
- You can browse our OverDrive collection of ebooks, and audiobooks on your computer by signing with with your library card number and PIN (the last 4 digits of the primary phone number associated with your library account).
- Or download the classic OverDrive app. Available on iOS, Android, Chromebooks, and laptop/desktop computers.
- Browse all Overdrive eBooks & audiobooks
- Getting Started with Overdrive eBooks and eAudiobooks
Newspapers & Magazines
PressReader – Unlimited access to thousands of
magazines and newspapers including local papers, international papers and special interest magazines!
RB Digital Unlimited Magazines
Instant access to nearly 4,000 magazines such as Newsweek, Us Weekly, Rolling Stone, The New Yorker, Mother Earth News, Rolling Stone, National Geographic, and more!
Borrow magazines through the RB digital App by downloading the App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) store. Or read magazines from your computer by going to the website: https://novascotialibraries.rbdigital.com/
Research & Reference
The Reference Shelf by Salem Press
- Includes access to reference works in the following subject areas: Literature, History, Science, and Health
- The Cochrane Library is a collection of databases that contain high quality independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making.