Cape Breton Regional Library invites INTERNAL and EXTERNAL applications for the full time position of Library Clerk – Programming for the Glace Bay Library. The successful applicant must have excellent customer service and communication skills, and have an excellent work record.
About the Library:
Cape Breton Regional Library’s 12 branches and bookmobile serve the community by offering innovative programs and technology access in addition to various lending services (e.g. books, DVDs, recreational equipment, radon detectors, eBooks, and more). Library branches are community spaces for many residents and stopping places for visitors. We serve a diverse population of all ages and recognize the unique needs of all individuals.
- Experience in planning and delivering programs for all ages is an asset.
- Customer service and circulation duties, including checking out library materials, registering patrons for library cards, answering questions and assisting patrons with searching for and locating library materials, answering incoming phone calls, and notifying patrons of overdue items and items ready for pick-up.
- Planning and conducting programs for adults.
- Shelving duties, including sorting and returning library materials to their proper place on the shelves, straightening and shifting library materials.
- Scheduling bookings for public access computers and providing technical assistance with frequent tasks such as printing and scanning.
- Promoting materials, programs, events, and services provided by the library.
- Opening and closing of library branch
- Accepting payments for printing and lost items
Applicants must have:
- A high school graduation diploma and preferably a secondary diploma.
- Strong customer service focus and an ability to build rapport with patrons. The successful candidate will be comfortable working with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Intermediate technology skills including a good working knowledge of Windows based word processing and spreadsheet applications as well as web based email applications (e.g. Gmail.)
- The successful candidate will have strong communication, interpersonal, organizational skills.
Please send a resume and cover letter detailing relevant abilities, qualifications, and experience by 4:30p.m., Friday, August 12th to:
Cape Breton Regional Library
50 Falmouth Street,
Sydney, Nova Scotia,