Winter is a great time to curl up with a good book (or books!)
Enter the Winter Reading Challenge at CBRL (January 27 – March 31, 2022) for a chance to win some great prizes. All ages are welcome to participate.
Starting January 27th, when you register online at cbrlreads.readsquared.com and log the books that you’ve read, your reading progress will be tracked and you’ll be entered automatically into the Winter Reading Challenge Prize Draws.
You can also download the READsquared app on your smartphone or tablet, to easily track your books wherever you are! –> READSquared App instructions
- Children (ages 0-12) in the Winter Reading Challenge will receive 1 ballot for every 6 books read
- Teens & adults (13-19+) will receive 1 ballot for every 3 books read.
** Prize winners must be residents of CBRM or Victoria Co.
Looking for book suggestions? Visit one of our library branches, call us or check out our staff picks for Winter Reads:
Winter Reading Challenge
Keep track of the books you read between
January 27 – March 31, 2022
for a chance to win prizes.
- 1st Prize Apple iPad (10.2″ 64GB with Wi-Fi)
- 2nd Prize NS Museum Family Pass 2022
- 3rd Prize Book Lovers prize (On Paper Books & Indigo gift cards)
How to Use the ReadSquared App
- Download. Search for READSquared in the Google Play or App Store and click Get or Install
- Find your Library. Type in Cape Breton Regional Library and select it.
- LogIn/Register. Login if you have previously used READsquared or if you already created a login on the readsquared website. Click register if this is your first time using READsquared.
- Log your Reading. Everything is synced between the website and the app. So you can log your books from your phone or your computer, whichever works best for you in the moment.