NSLA 2022 Conference
October 14-16, 2022
Libraries. Communities. Connections.
How was your conference experience?
About the Conference
We are excited to welcome you to the 2022 Nova Scotia Libraries Association Conference hosted in beautiful Cape Breton-Unama’ki. This is the first in-person conference since 2019 and we are thrilled to safely meet with old friends and make new acquaintances.
Below you will find more information about the conference venue and your host city Sydney, Cape Breton. You can register now by downloading the registration form.
The complete conference program is now available online and as a pdf.
All conference attendees must adhere to the Code of Conduct
Ms. Doucette is Assistant Professor and Purdy Crawford Chair in CBU’s Shannon School of Business. She is also a band member with Membertou First Nation and a doctoral student in management at St. Mary’s University. She has a B.Eng in industrial engineering from Dalhousie and an MBA in Community Economic Development from CBU. With a focus on interactions between Mi’kmaq and non-indigenous peoples, Ms. Doucette researches how people in organizations use policies and procedures to share knowledge in culturally informed ways.
Venue & Location
The 2022 NSLA Conference is being held at:
Holiday Inn – Sydney Waterfront
300 Esplanade, Sydney NS
For more information about the hotel, please visit their website. Delegates are responsible for arranging their own accommodation.
- The conference room rate is $149.00/night & tax, single or double occupancy
- Specify that you are attending the Nova Scotia Library Association or Group Code LAR
- Guest rooms will be available at the conference rate until September 14. After that time rooms will be available on a first come, first serve basis, and conference rate will not be guaranteed.
- Check in time is 3 pm.
- Check out time is 11 am.
- Parking is complementary.
- On Paper Books
- Island Folk Cider House
- Cape Breton Farmer’s Market
- Port City Grocery
- JJ’s Plant Based Eats
- Selkies Neighbourhood Diner
- Gala re (curated thriftstore)
- My Fair Ladies Ethicial Emporium
- And many more!
Extend your stay and Explore Cape Breton!
Visit cbisland.com for a complete guide to island.
Thank you to our Sponsors