Borrowing an electronic device from Cape Breton Regional Library constitutes the following terms and conditions:
- Devices are for use by adult members of Cape Breton Regional Library in good standing.
- Devices are circulated for a 3-week period and are renewable up to 3 times if not requested by another user.
- Limit of one (1) device per person.
- Borrowers agree to assume full responsibility for the device and accessories while it is checked out to them. They agree to:
- Not leave the device unattended in a public place or unlocked vehicle
- Not allow anyone else to use it
- Not have drinks or other liquids nearby while using it
- Never leave the device in a location susceptible to extreme cold or hot weather
- Never lean on top of the device or put objects on top of it.
- Borrowers must return electronic equipment when the item is due. Equipment must be returned to a library staff member during our regular hours of operation. Please do not place any equipment in the return drops. Equipment can only be returned to Cape Breton Regional Library branches.
- Borrowers agree to reimburse the Cape Breton Regional Library for full replacement or repair costs for loss or damage that is deliberate or a result of misuse. Replacement costs vary by device and are outlined below:
- Apple lightning to USC-C charging cable: $25.00
- Apple USB-C 20W power adapter charging “brick”: $25.00
- Apple iPad Smart Cover $65.00
- iPad 9th Generation 64 GB wifi+cellular: $600.00
- Fabric case: $22.00