Hoopla is a digital library website and app that offers film & TV series streaming as well as audiobooks, eBooks, comics, and music.
Hoopla is like having your public library at your fingertips.
Cape Breton Regional Library offers 5 hoopla borrows per month.
Learn More about Hoopla with our Video Tutorial
Try hoopla today by downloading the “hoopla digital” app on your Apple, Android or Kindle device.
You can also access Hoopla from a desktop computer or laptop by going to the hoopla website: hoopladigital.com.
Hoopla: What you need to know
- You can borrow up to 5 titles a month. Limits reset on the first day of each month. Unused checkouts do not rollover to the next month.
- Items will be automatically returned when the loan period is over so there are never any fines.
- Movie and TV content is available for 3 days.
- Music albums are available for 7 days.
- Audiobooks, eBooks and comics are available for 21 days.
- There are no holds or wait lists.
- You can return an item early but this does not allow you to borrow more than 5 items per month.
- Content can be streamed from the internet or, if using the hoopla app, downloaded for offline use.
- Streaming from hoopla uses your data. A regular-length movie uses about 1GB; an album uses about 35 MB of data.
- A Kids Mode is available with content that hoopla has selected for children up to age 12. Once you are logged in, go to your settings in the right hand of the screen and select Kids Mode.
Setting up a Hoopla Account:
From hoopladigital.com select Get Started or Sign Up:
- Enter your email address and create a password.
- Choose Cape Breton Regional Library
- Enter Your Library Card Number without any spaces and enter your PIN (by default the PIN is the last four digits of your phone number)
- If you don’t have a Library Card you can sign-up for one online. Please note it can take up to 48 hours to process online library card applications.