Pressreader is an online newspaper & magazine service you can access with your library card.
With over 7,000 publications from over 100 countries in 60+ languages, PressReader is the leading digital newspaper and magazine provider for premium content.
As a Cape Breton Regional Library patron, you can use Pressreader at home or at the library using a library computer or through the library wi-fi network. Explore newspapers such as Cape Breton Post, The Chronicle Herald, The National Post, The Toronto Star and The Guardian. Magazines include Newsweek, Vanity Fair, The Walrus, Reader’s Digest and much more from all over the world.
Accessing Pressreader from home
Using an Internet browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc) go to PressReader.com and click on Sign In (top right of the screen)
- Click on the Library or Group button (bottom left of pop-up)
- Select Cape Breton Regional Library (Offsite) from the menu/search box
- Type your Library card number and PIN, then click on Sign In button.
You can apply for a FREE Library Card by using our online form
- You can sign up for a free account on PressReader, or skip this step by simply clicking on “No, thanks”
and enjoy reading thousands of publications right away!
- A successful connection is indicated by a green cup icon on the top left side of the screen and a welcome message
- For the next two weeks you’ll have access to free content anywhere, anytime by navigating to www.pressreader.com. After the two weeks have ended you’ll need to reenter your library card.
Using the Pressreader app
To view these instructions with helpful screenshots: (Click Here PDF)
- Download & launch the PressReader app on your mobile device, and click on the Library icon (bottom right).
- Select Cape Breton Regional Library from the menu/search box.
- Type your Library card number and PIN, then click on Sign In button
- You can either Sign Up for a free PressReader account to enjoy more features, or click on the ‘cancel’ button to start reading your favorite titles right away!
- A successful connection is indicated by a green mug icon and a welcome message.
- Make sure HotSpot is enabled on the PressReader app (check under More -> Settings, bottom right of the app)
- For the next two weeks you’ll have access to free content anywhere, anytime with the PressReader app. After the two weeks have ended you’ll need to reenter your library card.