If you can’t get enough of Showtime’s hit TV show Yellowjackets (available on Crave TV in Canada), here are a few reading recommendations to tide you over until season two!
The story of a soccer team stranded in the Canadian wilderness for 19 months after a plane crash, Yellowjackets chronicles the team’s attempts to survive by any means necessary while also tracking their current lives in 2021 as they piece together multiple mysteries connected to their time in the woods.
Whether you’re looking to survive the rugged wilderness, navigate the complex hierarchies of teenage friendship, indulge in 90s nostalgia, or delve into ritualistic horror, these books will take you into the darkest corners of the wilderness (and the human mind) and back again. Get ready to devour these picks while you anxiously await the next installment of the series.
- Freefall by Jessica Barry
- The Hill by Karen Bass
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- The Troop by Nick Cutter
- The River at Night by Erica Ferencik
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- The Sacrament: A True Story of Survival by Peter Gzowski
- The River by Peter Heller
- Before the Fall by Noah Hawley
- The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix
- Girl Underwater by Claire Kells
- Wilder Girls by Rory Power
- Alive: The True Story of the Andes Survivors by Piers Paul Read
Click on the book title links to read more about each book and place a hold in the library catalogue!