CBRL has Bike Maintenance Tool Kits available to loan!
Each kit comes with 17 tools for making adjustments or replacing parts on bikes.
We have also included a copy of Chris Sidwell’s Bicycle Repair Manual. (DK, 2021)
Funding for the kits was provided by Cape Breton Regional Municipality and the Municipality of Victoria County, in consultation with Velo Cape Breton Bicycle Association and Framework Cycle and Fitness. Thanks to everyone who made these kits possible!
Borrow a Bike Maintenance Tool Kit
Tool Kits can be requested the the SamePage Catalogue. Once available they can be borrowed for 3 weeks.
What’s included in the Kit
- Crank Remover
- Freewheel / Cassette Lockring Tool
- 15mm Pedal Wrench
- 8mm Hex Key Wrench
- 6″ Adjustable Forged Wrench
- #1 Phillips Screwdriver
- 6mm Flat Blade Screwdriver
- Freewheel Turner (Chain Whip, 1/2″ x 3/32″)
- Shimano Compatible Chain Tool (5x6x7x8x9x10x11x12-speed)
- Glueless Patch Set AirDam, 6 Pieces
- Star Key Wrenches T-9x10x15x20x25x27x30x40
- 10-15G Forged 8-groove Spoke Tool
- Shimano® Hollowtech II Compatible BB Tool
- Tire Lever Set, Set of 3 Pieces
- 9x10mm Open-ended Spanner
- Hex Key Wrenches 2×2.5x3x4x5x6mm
- Bike Pump (attached to outside of box)
How to Use the Kit
The included book will help with minor adjustments and repairs. Additional instruction can be found through online videos.
The included bike pump can be used with both Shrader (standard) valves and Presta valves. Here’s a video demonstrating how to set-up the pump for the type of valve you have.
And another video demonstrating how to use the pump with Presta valve tires.
Additional recommended Bike Maintenance channels on YouTube include: