Read, Listen & Research
Online or offline, the library’s collection of materials is sure to inform and entertain.
Libby, by OverDrive
- Libby is the new app to enjoy ebooks and audiobooks from OverDrive.
- We recommend Libby for anyone using a Smart Phone or Tablet
- Available from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for smartphones and tablets.
- Easy to get started for first-time users and a streamlined experience for current OverDrive app users.
- Need help? Libby App Guide
- If you prefer to use a Desktop/laptop computer to access ebooks and eAudiobooks try Overdrive instead.
PressReader – Unlimited access to thousands of
magazines and newspapers including local papers, international papers and special interest magazines!
The Reference Shelf by Salem Press
- Includes access to reference works in the following subject areas: Literature, History, Science, and Health
- The Cochrane Library is a collection of databases that contain high quality independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making.
- Library Catalogue
- Leugh Seo Gaelic Collection
- Accessible Collections NNELS & CELA
- Plays Collection (Scripts for Stage Plays)
- S. Peter Fraser Music Collection (Sheet Music)
- Library of Things (snowshoes, Be Fit Kits, Radon detectors, etc.)
Local History Resources
- Local History Resources at the Library
- Melvin S. Huntington Louisbourg Diaries
- Katharine McLennan – Through Her Eyes
- McLennans of Petersfield
- Cape Breton Consul 1911-1924 – Charles Freeman
- Adult Fiction
- Adult Non-fiction
- Movies and TV series
- Large Print
- Children’s Fiction
- Children’s Non-fiction
- Young Adults
- Graphic Novels
- Novel Navigation – Personalized book lists!
- 2020 Book Challenges
- Book Lists for Adults
- Book Lists for Children & Teens
For Language Learners
- English for Arabic Speakers
- Bilingual Books English-French
- Bilingual Books English-Spanish
- English as a Second Language (ESL) for Adults
- English as a Second Language (ESL) for Children